Profiles of experienced tutors
SINGAPORE’S LARGEST TUITION AGENCY
experienced. qualified. responsible.
tutors with excellent reviews
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
MScEd (University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education)
PhD candidate Oxford University
Han Fook Yan
MSc Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore
Former Level Head, Biology, Secondary School in the North
MSc Accountancy, Nanyang Technological University
Former Principles of Accounting Subject Head, leading Junior College
hire singapore's best private tutors
MOE Teachers, PhD/Master's, Graduates/Undergraduates
LATEST MOE SYLLABUS
Students learn at their own pace – this means that at home, you can choose to be studying the same chapters as the ones your school teacher is covering…or you can opt to study ahead, or revise one or two chapters behind your school
CORRECT EXAM SKILLS
Learn how to apply textbook knowledge so that you can confidently navigate unexpectedly difficult exam questions.
Practice with a patient expert tutor, so that complex concepts are never frustrating again
Over 80% of our students have grade improvements within the first 3 months of tuition
The other 20% achieve better grades within the first 2 months of tuition
HIRE THE BEST TUTORS
SINGAPORE’S LARGEST TUITION AGENCY
profiles of experienced tutors
These are profiles of some experienced tutors. We'll be happy to show full profiles of these and/or other tutors when you contact us.
For the past 4 years, I have been a tutor in Knowledge and Inquiry, General Paper and English. I prefer to take the academically weaker students because that is where I am able to make the greatest difference. We diligently go through their weakest areas. I love the sense of achievement they get once they get the concepts right.
BTP, graduate in law from the University of Cambridge
I have been an MOE teacher with 20 years of teaching experience in English Language and Literature from K1 to the ‘A’ Levels.
I have a strategic approach when it comes to teaching any subject. There is a good balance of difficult and easy exercises. Humour and wit are used, and the lessons are conversational. My lessons are fun, interactive and engaging. I prepare students successfully for exams. I have written two assessment books so far and I am also a specialist teacher-trainer and curriculum developer.
I can teach phonics, speech and drama, reading comprehension.
Kindly contact me so that I can share my teaching strategies.
RS, tutor teaching in the Sembawang-Yishun area
I have a Master’s Degree from NUS. I teach Maths and Science at an established tuition centre in the Bukit Timah area, and I am also a private tutor.
Sebastian, Electrical Engineer
My strongest subjects are Chinese and Geography. I am able to teach at locations near Nanyang Technological University.
Wai Yee, full time tutor with 6 years of experience, graduate from Nanyang Technological University
I am a recent law graduate from the University of Oxford and have 4 years of experience tutoring General Paper and KI. Most of my students were from RJC, HCI and NJC.
Have been teaching PSLE English and Creative Writing for 4 years. I get along well with young children. I am a Year 3 undergraduate at NTU, majoring in English Literature (First Class Honours).
I have a Master of Science (Statistics) and have 13 years of tutoring experience in Secondary Math and Science. The British Council gave me their British Council Tutor Award, and I have a Professional Coaching Certificate.
I scored A1s in both Additional and Elementary Mathematics. I also participated in several math competitions like the Australian Math Competition where I attained certificates for Junior, Senior and Intermediate levels.
I’ve taught over 500 students for the O Level Examinations and I’m proficient in Physics and Chemistry. I know what students must do in order to achieve better results. Since November 2014, I’ve worked for a prominent tuition agency located in the Orchard area. With regards to my own education, I sat for the IGCSE and A Level qualifications, where I earned Top Achiever award in all my subjects. I also hold a world rank in physics. In addition to tuition, I work with a training and development organization to conduct motivational and empowerment workshops for primary school students in Singapore. I’m a registered MOE instructor.
SB, tutor with 5 years of experience
I have been teaching E-Math and A-Math at secondary school level, and junior-college Math for 9 years. I was an MOE contract teacher at a top school for 2 years, and taught at tuition centres for 5 years. I have a PhD in Mathematics from NTU. My Bachelor’s in Mathematics was also from NTU (First Class Honours).
I am a third year undergraduate at NTU, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I have been giving tuition since 2014 and I am very familiar with the Math (E and A) and Physics syllabus.
I am a retired secondary school teacher and have lots of experience teaching Secondary 3 and Secondary 4 Chemistry and Physics. I also teach IGCSE.
I am an NIE-trained teacher, teaching English and Math at an MOE primary school in the North.
I have a Bachelor of Communication Studies (Hon) degree from NTU, and am NIE-trained. I have been a tutor since I was an undergraduate. After 6 years of full-time teaching as a MOE teacher at Zhenghua Secondary School, I am now a full-time tutor.
Hello! I have been a tutor for the past 5 years as a private tutor as well as a tuition centre tutor. I love teaching students who come from all kinds of backgrounds. I try to make my lessons as engaging as possible, and my students enjoy the lessons. It is important that they develop an interest in the subject, because this helps with how quickly they learn.
Charmaine, secondary school level Math
I am studying molecular biotechnology at NUS. I am very keen in sharing my science knowledge with students. I feel that it is important to ensure that they have interest in science at a young age so that they will be able to appreciate the subject better and be able to achieve better results. I love discussing science developments with my students. I prefer teaching secondary school science. Thanks for the great assignments!
Stanley, Master’s student at the National University of Singapore
I taught Math at Hwa Chong for 16 years, and have been giving math tution at JC and upper secondary levels.
I majored in English at NUS (Hons). I have been teaching General Paper, English and Math for the past 5 years.
I am a registered relief allied educator at MOE, and I tutor Primary and Secondary school students. I am patient and encouraging when teaching my students. I am also flexible in my methods in teaching students, because every child learns differently.
My GCE O Level Aggregate Score (L1R5) was 3, and I scored As for all my A Level subjects when I studied at Hwa Chong Junior College. I tutor in Biology, Chemistry, and Combined Humanities. I graduated with First Class Honours from NUS, majoring in Biological Sciences and have over 8 years of private tutoring experience.
I have a PhD in Chemistry (CAP 4.92 for my Bachelor’s). I teach Chemistry and Math.
I have been a full-time tutor for 19 years. I teach English, Math and Principles of Accounting.
I did my Bachelor’s NTU and my Master’s at the Technical University of Munich (Germany). Then I returned to Singapore to do my PhD in Physics.
I was awarded the Association of South East Asian Nation (ASEAN) Scholarship and did my Bachelor and Master of Engineering at NTU. I teach Physics, General Paper and Math.
I teach A Level H2/H1 Economics both as a private tutor and at tuition centres. I have more than 20 years’ experience in teaching A Level Economics. I am patient and organised. I have my own lesson materials and worksheets.
I was a relief teacher for A Level Economics at a Junior College. I also teach Combined Science (Physics/Chemistry).
After graduating with Honours in English Literature at NUS, I did my Master’s in European Studies (Literature) at Cambridge. As a tutor, I teach English, Literature and General Paper. I have 9 years of tutoring experience.
I have been tutoring for 3 years. The schools are giving homework that is getting increasingly difficult for the students, mainly because the answers require high level thinking that students are not used to yet. I am very pleased that 3 of my students scored A’s, and another student improved to a high B during the time I taught them.
Jessie, Master’s student at the National University of Singapore
I am a teacher working in an MOE school in Singapore. I teach Chinese and English, having taught Chinese for the past 8 years. I have also taught general English, TOEFL and IELTS for 5 years.
Madam Foo, graduate from the Nanyang Technological University
I am NIE trained. I have been teaching English and Maths at lower primary till 2015. I am currently a part time tutor teaching P1 and P2 English and am concurrently giving private tuition in EMS to a P3 girl. I teach many classes at a leading tuition centre. I would like to teach anywhere in the East.
Eddie, former MOE teacher at top school in the East, Master’s graduate from Singapore Management University
- Since 2005, Top Tutors has grown to be Singapore’s largest and most successful tuition agency because our team has helped students achieve distinctions and greatly-improved grades at the primary school, secondary school, junior college, polytechnic and university levels
- It is very likely that the students who are at the top of your class or cohort are our clients
- If you noticed that the student in your class had been regularly failing but now is able to confidently achieve strong passes, he or she is also likely to be one of our clients
SATISFIED PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Our clients include parents who are school principals and teachers, students who are referred to us by their school teachers, and leading tuition centres
- Top Tutors has at least 2,500 tutors for each subject that is taught at MOE schools
- We are sure there will be an awesome tutor for you, whatever your requirements are – whether your child is in Primary 1, or you are a Year 3 student at NUS
Remember that when you are selecting tutors, it is their commitment, experience and qualifications that matter
HIRE THE RIGHT TUTOR
- If you have a tutor who did not himself/herself score an A in the subject, it will become very distressing when you have to “un-learn” information that was taught wrongly to you
- It is the grades that you get today that will determine your entry into the next level, the good classes and the good schools
- Having the right tutor makes a lot of difference when you are serious about preparing properly for your exams
SOLID TRACK RECORD
- We select and recommend tutors to you based on the tutors’ past success in teaching, the quality of grade improvements, and the tutors’ own academic achievements in the subjects they are teaching
- Tutor matching is a specialized service. The larger the size of our team, the better the chances that our tuition coordinators are able to quickly identify the best of the best tutors in Singapore – for you
- You have many choices when you hire a tutor from Singapore’s largest tuition agency
- We will show you between 4 to 10 tutor profiles
- Choose the best among the very best, from Singapore’s largest tuition agency
NEW TUTORS JOIN OUR TEAM EVERY DAY
Because we are Singapore’s largest tuition agency – and already have such a large active tutor database – we are able to accept only professional tutors with proven abilities to improve their students’ grades. Quickly.
SUPERB, FAST SERVICE
- You can expect to receive tutor profiles between 6 to 12 hours after you contact us, depending on your tuition requirements and tutor availability
- Please let us know your expectations, and we will recommend an excellent match for you
- Choose the most suitable tutor, and tuition can start within the same week. You can terminate the assignment at any time
- You will be charged only for the lesson(s) taken. A replacement tutor will be immediately provided, for free
- Fees are within your budget and suit your requirements
- Tuition matching is free, and within 12 hours after you contact us, you can choose your ideal tutor
- Because Top Tutors is the largest tuition agency in Singapore, we are able to provide you a free and easy way to hire a tutor with deep expertise in the subject that you find challenging
Mrs Teo, Mother Of Student From Anglo-Chinese School
After you have told us your strengths, weaknesses and concerns, we will carefully match you with an experienced tutor who has proven success in meeting your specific learning needs
Top Tutors prepares every student for academic achievement. All our tutors are recommended to you with your academic needs in mind
Our tutors therefore tailor every tuition session to meet the unique needs of each student
Eliminate your weaknesses, and have crystal clear understanding of the chapters you are having difficulty with
ALL OUR TUITION COORDINATORS ARE GRADUATES FROM SINGAPORE'S TOP 3 LOCAL UNIVERSITIES
This is important for our clients because if your tuition coordinator had never done well in school, he or she would not know what types of tutors can truly help you succeed in your studies
Or what each tutor’s greatest tutoring strengths are, compared to other tutors in our team
Two analogies – none of us will feel safe boarding a car if the driver had previously failed the driving test 4 times before managing to just pass – and many of us might not want to try out automated and driverless taxis unless the technology is proven to be safe
Top Tutors makes extra efforts to ensure that the tutor profiles we show you meet the highest academic standards and that the tutor matches are personalized according to every detail that you require
Top Tutors therefore hires tuition coordinators only if they have majored in the subjects that they are arranging tuition matches for
This means that when you are seeking a tutor for Math, the experienced tuition coordinator responsible for submitting profiles for you to review would have graduated from NUS, NTU or SMU in a Math-related subject, or would have scored distinctions in their junior college and secondary/primary Math-related school exams
- Whether it is Science, Math, English, Mother Tongue or the Humanities, our tutors have what it takes to teach
- Our tutors help our students to first comprehend and appreciate the core concepts
- Then, we work on the important exam skills that students must have, if they want to score well in their exams
- We are Singapore’s largest tuition agency. We are very experienced and confident in helping students score much higher grades
- Our philosophy is that when students are nurtured and guided well, the grades will very quickly improve
Primary School, Gifted Education Programme, Secondary School, Express, Normal Academic, Integrated Programme, International Baccalaureate, H1/H2/H3 Junior College, Polytechnic Modules, University Modules
PRIMARY SCHOOL TUITION
Higher Mother Tongue
Mother Tongue(Chinese, Malay, Tamil)
JUNIOR COLLEGE TUITION
Knowledge & Inquiry
Literature in English
Principles of Accounts
SECONDARY SCHOOL TUITION
Higher Mother Tongue
Literature in English/Mother Tongue
(Chinese, Malay, Tamil)
Principles of Accounts
TOP TUTORS HAS A SELECT TEAM OF HIGHLY-QUALIFIED TUTORS WHO SPECIALIZE IN TUTORING POLYTECHNIC-LEVEL AND UNIVERSITY-LEVEL STUDENTS
CHOOSE YOUR IDEAL TUTORS TODAY, FROM SINGAPORE'S BIGGEST TUITION AGENCY
TUTORS FROM SINGAPORE'S LARGEST TUITION AGENCY
- Have a proven track record of producing improved academic results in their students
- Our experienced tutors use the latest MOE syllabus, marking schemes and exam formats so that students learn what is relevant for exams and their overall development
- Each of these tutors have been tutoring in that specific subject for the past 2 to over 30 years
- They themselves have achieved strong academic results in the subjects that they teach – meaning they are teaching your child the correct information that they need to learn
- As our tutors have done well in school themselves, they are familiar with how to answer difficult exam questions
- Our tutors are patient and professional, and have impressive tutoring and academic achievements
- We teach the subject in a step-by-step method – clearly and correctly – so that even difficult concepts become easier to understand. When the explanations and content make sense, our students’ grades improve
- Year after year, our reputation ensures that we can attract the best tutors to be a part of our team
Our attention to detail during the matching process ensures that we recommend only tutors who are proficient in the subject, and whose teaching style matches how you prefer to learn
PRIVATE HOME TUITION IS USEFUL FOR:
- Students who cannot focus in a big group
- Students who are too shy to ask questions in class
- Students who need the full attention of their tutors
- Students who have specific weak areas to improve upon
- Students who are performing reasonably well but would like to have a competitive edge over the other students – so that they have a better chance to be placed in the top classes and top schools
- Students who are underperforming in comparison to their classmates, and the new information taught in school is starting to be overwhelming
- Students who find some topics too vague and difficult to understand
- Students whose busy parents have little time to help them with their homework, assignments and exams